"“We have lent a huge amount of money to the U.S. Of course we are concerned about the safety of our assets. To be honest, I am definitely a little worried.” "


Chinese premier Wen Jiabao 12th March 2009


""We have a financial system that is run by private shareholders, managed by private institutions, and we'd like to do our best to preserve that system."


Timothy Geithner US Secretary of the Treasury, previously President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.1/3/2009

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"Cully" Stimson sends a letter of apology - not resignation

The Washington Post has published a letter today, alleging to be an apology from a man who signs himself Cully Stimson. What was needed was his letter of resignation.

An Apology to Detainees’ Attorneys - Wednesday, January 17, 2007; A18

During a radio interview last week, I brought up the topic of pro bono work and habeas corpus representation of detainees in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Regrettably, my comments left the impression that I question the integrity of those engaged in the zealous defense of detainees in Guantanamo. I do not.

I believe firmly that a foundational principle of our legal system is that the system works best when both sides are represented by competent legal counsel. I support pro bono work, as I said in the interview. I was a criminal defense attorney in two of my three tours in the Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps. I zealously represented unpopular clients — people charged with crimes that did not make them, or their attorneys, popular in the military. I believe that our justice system requires vigorous representation.

I apologize for what I said and to those lawyers and law firms who are representing clients at Guantanamo. I hope that my record of public service makes clear that those comments do not reflect my core beliefs.

CULLY STIMSON
Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Detainee Affairs

Maybe this will save his ass, and his job. Put the bastard in a Day Glo jumpsuit and shackle him to the damp cold concrete floor whilst he listens to Bryan Ferry's "Virginia Plain" on constant loop whilst they fog the atmosphere with more CO2 whilst they leave the lights on 24/7 only to interrupt it whilst they tell him what they will do to his family back home.

Why will it save his ass ? Because Alberto Gonzalez and Prof. Yoo wrote it for him ... " my comments left the impression "

Just watch and listen to Melissa Hoffer detail what they did to her clients here -
Here
"When we degrade others", she says, "we degrade ourselves" at the end of her speech. You can't see douche bag , "Cully" Stimson even beginning to understand what that means.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile, the Jurist has a story, "US Army officer barred from disputing legality of Iraq war at court-martial ." Further, "[JURIST] A US military judge ruled Tuesday that 1st Lt. Ehren Watada [advocacy website; JURIST news archive], a US Army officer who refused deployment to Iraq [JURIST report] because he felt the war is 'unlawful,' cannot argue that point in his upcoming court-martial. Lt. Col. John Head further ruled that Watada may not raise a free speech defense, as soldiers do not enjoy the same constitutional rights as civilians."

(C) Very Seriously Disorganised Criminals 2002/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 - copy anything you wish